Where the Shelby family lived
In 1881 Sarah & John Shelby & their family were living at Pen Y Gelli. This village was part of the community of Coedpoeth in the west of what was then the district of Bersham; it was about a mile from Minera. (The present village of Bersham lies in the east of what was then the larger district of Bersham.)
Sarah & John's eldest daughter Louisa Morgan Shelby married John Jones & their three children were all born in Minera; their daughter Maggie Gwendolien Jones spent part of her childhood living at Trevor School which was near Llangollen (bottom of map). Maggie & her family later lived in Rhostyllen, southwest of Wrexham.
Louisa's sister Miriam known as Nellie, was living at Ruabon Schoolhouse in 1901; her husband, John William Owen was then a master at the school.
Their brother Timothy Morgan Owen Shelby was a Schoolmaster at Brymbo (top of map) for many years.
Several of the family subsequently lived in Rhosddu, just north of Wrexham.