Frank's work in Canada
Frank's Canadian architectural biography describes his work as follows:
He designed a major addition to the Provincial Home, KAMLOOPS, B.C. in 1911 [see below] (Colonist [Victoria], 28 June 1911, 7, descrip.; dwgs. at BCPA, Photo Coll. 63276) and the following year was commissioned by the B.C. Public Works Dept. to design a new provincial Departmental Office Block, Government Street at Superior Street, VICTORIA, B.C. (Colonist [Victoria], 8 June 1912, 2). In 1919 he moved to Toronto and joined the staff of the Toronto office of Thomas Lamb, the prolific theatre architect of New York City who had been commissioned to design the Lowe's Uptown Theatre and the Panatges Theatre there. After 1921 he became a staff member of the Architect's Department of the Ontario Dept. of Public Works and remained in Toronto until late 1944 before returning to Victoria, B.C. The B.C. Provincial Archives retains his drawing for a memorial chancel for ST. MARY'S ANGLICAN CHURCH, Elgin Road, Oak Bay, dated 1947 (BCPA, PDP 67). He resigned from the Architectural Inst. of British Columbia in 1951.
(Refs: D. Luxton, Building the West: The Early Architects of British Columbia, 2003, 479, 513; inf. from Ontario Assoc. of Architects)
This picture of the Provincial Home in Kamloops, BC, with writing (as shown) on the back, was in Frank's box of memorabilia.